Wednesday, November 12, 2008

maui...

kial and i are heading to maui on a school field trip next monday, nov 17. it feels like the time has flown by since we signed on to go. i must say i am really nervous about parts of the trip (like dealing with 19 teenagers and snorkeling). i am also a little apprehensive because we will doing all the cooking, snorkeling and especially because we are staying at a campground; camp olowalu. i am not a camper and hearing about the limited showers and rodent problem doesn't make it any more appealing.

and did i mention the snorkeling? i have huge issues about the ocean to begin with. honestly i have issues with any water that creatures live in. it just freaks me out. i like to view fish and whatnot from the safety of the "other" side of the glass...if you know what i mean. any glass will work like the tv, aquarium or a glass bottom boat. the beach also works great for me. i really like the beach.

i also have a HUGE fear of sharks. i think this can be attributed to my babysitter forcing me to watch jaws when i was 6. don't get me wrong, i am as fascinated as anyone when shark week comes on the discovery channel, but of course they are SAFELY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLASS.

luckily for me the snorkeling is not required so i am going to play that one by ear. i'll let you know if my nonexistent pluck kicks into being.
aloha!

5 comments:

Carlanna said...

Snorkel!! I swear you'll love it - don't forget the disposable underwater cameras!!

Carlanna said...

PS - love the new background!

Shannon said...

You are going to HAWAII on a field trip? Good night. As for snorkeling, I'm with you. Not because of the fish... I just hate the itchy way I feel with sand and salt water in my suit. Grab a towel, a good book and a virgin pina colada!

Jaime said...

Good luck on the trip. Sounds like a week full of anxiety for me. HOpe you enjoy yourself.

kelly said...

can't wait to hear all about it!
hopefully you weren't up at dawn cooking each day...