Wednesday, March 19, 2008

happy one year of blogging...

...a little late, but i am going to be ok with that. it's been one year since kelly forced...i mean convinced me to start blogging. it was actually my one year anniversary last thursday, march 13th. i had this big plan to blog about the concert i was going to that night (rufus wainwright) as my one year post. i KNEW it was going to be awesome and a perfect way to celebrate one year as a blogger.

well it never happened because i got sick and i am a super whimpy sick person and basically i did nothing until i started feeling better. but now thanks to some prednisone, antibiotics and a little bit of cough syrup with codeine i am mostly better. i didn't get to see my beloved rufus because i thought i should sleep. my friend kammee went with a date instead. she had a fabulous time and said he was wonderful and the paramount made the concert feel intimate and personal. one of these days i will see him...i guess the time just wasn't right.

this past weekend jason and i had breakfast with my friend ally & her fiance travis. they took us to the portage bay cafe. and all i can say is EVERYTHING we had was too die for. we had to wait for about 45 minutes to be seated, but that was all forgotten once we tasted the food. the portage bay cafe is a favorite of ally & travis' and now we know why. i am sure we will be going back one of these days with the girls.

after breakfast i took some pictures of ally & travis on the uw campus. we were hoping for amazing cherry blossom tree pictures but the trees were just not at peak. we still got some great pictures...of course ally & travis are super photogenic so that was a given.

one other important thing in our lives is that ceb got glasses. she took this picture of herself and i LOVE it. it's goofy and sweet...so completely cebastian. she called me when she picked them up (jas & i were in disneyland) and said she was SO CUTE in them and she is right!

well here's to another year of blogging with many exciting things to look forward too...at least to me!!

4 comments:

kelly said...

happy blog birthday!
i love blogs, such a fun way to keep up with friends and family.

ceb looks DARLING with her new glasses, and i too LOVE the self-portrait!

and portage bay is super yummy.
how lucky is your friend to have you take pictures.
they are AWESOME!

can't wait to see you friday...

Jaime said...

The food looks so yummy! Thanks for the suggestion, we'll have to try it sometime when we go back to Seattle.

Happy Blog Birthday too, that is very exciting. I think my birthday was recently too, Kelly got us both to start blogs around the same time. She is very convincing, isn't she? :)

Love, love, love, Ceb's glasses, she is beautiful & sophisticated in them. I love the style too.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Shannon said...

I am so glad that Kelly got to you...and to me, too! :)
Ceb looks terrific in her new specs!